Monday, October 5, 2009

Three Weeks or An Eternity

HELLO MY DEAR READERS!!!!!

It's been three weeks tomorrow since my computer was ripped from my cold dead hands and kidnapped by evil German computer geeks. Although it was their ostensible goal to fix it, this would be difficult to ascertain from the length of time they possessed my machine. Worse yet, after being in possession of my computer for about 17 days, they tried to tell me that they'd found liquid in the machine (sounds like the name of some serial sci-fi animated feature, no). I was just a little irate and anyone who knows how manic I am about my computer would understand immediately why. I don't spill things on my computer. Of course, I did open a coke bottle once near it and some fizz (not liquid, just the gassy fizz) might've gotten in the computer. In any event, the issue that presaged the death of my computer occurred prior to my arrival in Germany. The fan started making wild noises way before I got here and, shortly before the poor thing expired, the fan was going nuts, making the loudest death screech I'd never imagined a laptop could make. Anywho, it has a new mainboard now and I'm officially back in business. I'll have to try to synthesize my experiences, thoughts, over the past three weeks within the next few days so everyone can catch up to where I am. Ciao, till then. Time to do a back-up now.

GEE

No comments:

Post a Comment