Tuesday, August 18, 2009

First Day in Berlin

Well, after some 10 hours flying and numerous hours in the airport, I arrived in Berlin. Andy was nice enough to have waited in the airport for a couple hours to assist me with my luggage etc. But before I move to Berlin, I should cover some of the trip across the ole pond. From Philly to Munich, I sat next to an interesting Canadian woman. During our lengthy discussion, she mentioned how shocked she was at the causticity of our national healthcare debate. And, as so many Canadians, she took great umbrage to the suggestion (generally offered by conservatives) that Canadians either receive inferior healthcare or that they're generally unhappy with their healthcare. She rejected both of these contentions. She also added the suggestion that perhaps Obama was just too smart\educated for the average American who may have voted for him. More than anything else, however, she professed a profound sense of disappointment at the nature and tenor of the healthcare debate in the U.S. I'm really tired now so that's all for now. Till tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I can't copy and paste into here for some reason, but google "The Dark Side of Dubai" for a great read, written by Johann Hari.

    ReplyDelete